22 9 / 2013
Who’s got two thumbs and loves quick and easy comfort foods?
This tired mother!
Although my dear hubby is off to New York on a business trip and I’m smack dab in the middle of another week of night shifts, there’s no excuse not to cook. I’m not saying it’s easy; as I’ve said before, I’m terrible at meal planning. But luckily, I’ve got a new weapon in my kitchen arsenal that helps procrastinators like me get nourishing, flavorful, real-food meals on the table with a minimum of fuss or muss: Julie and Charles Mayfield’s new cookbook, Quick & Easy Paleo Foods!
After an early review copy of the Mayfields’ cookbook showed up in my mailbox, I immediately whipped out a bunch of sticky-notes and began bookmarking my favorite recipes. But can you blame me?
Since starting this blog, I’ve had the opportunity to meet some really wonderful people from the Interwebs, but Julie and Charles are two of my absolute favorites. Henry and I instantly bonded with this warm and gracious couple back at the inaugural Ancestral Health Symposium over our shared love of good food and belly laughs. Since then, every time we’ve seen Jules and Charles—whether it’s in L.A., Austin, Boston, or their home base in Atlanta—we’ve had more fun than a barrel of monkeys. And now, there’s a third Mayfield to enjoy!
It’s not just that the Mayfields are a lovely family—they’re also foodies of the first order. Longtime readers know that the kiddos and I had a great time cooking through their first cookbook, the wildly popular Paleo Comfort Foods, and their fried chicken remains one of our favorite recipes.
Remember the first time I made their chicken? (I can’t believe it’s been TWO YEARS since we shot this video. Where does the time go?)
What I love about Jules’ and Charles’ follow-up is that its pages are crammed with similarly rib-sticking recipes—but all of ‘em can be prepared from start to finish in a flash.
In the past week alone, I’ve made multiple batches of the Mayfields’ easy and delicious Meat Loaf Muffins (recipe below). This is hearty, portable fare at its simplest, and it’s fantastic for both dinner and as a packed lunch.
In fact, every time we finished eating a batch of Meat Loaf Muffins, Big-O demanded that I make more of ‘em because he liked munching on ‘em at school.
This looks sooooo good
- bawnsley likes this
- beyondmysurface likes this
- ehmedolce reblogged this from nomnompaleo
- ehmedolce likes this
- jrmoreau reblogged this from nomnompaleo
- jrmoreau likes this
- rya12 reblogged this from nomnompaleo
- rya12 likes this
- nonaims likes this
- vrabia likes this
- noctordoah reblogged this from nomnompaleo
- smiles0203 reblogged this from nomnompaleo
- hangingontoeverything likes this
- keekah88 likes this
- stumblewiid likes this
- debchaky likes this
- theleenmachine likes this
- kimberlymcneill83 likes this
- audrey-lacrouix reblogged this from nomnompaleo
- audrey-lacrouix likes this
- moloughlin likes this
- awkwardlyjess reblogged this from nomnompaleo
- lindaryanrn likes this
- yourlifeunlimited likes this
- jukeboxmonkey likes this
- toph3r likes this
- placesfordreaming likes this
- tomboyishness likes this
- kolibrichan likes this
- livemylove likes this
- angelajude likes this
- onewomanmanypleasures reblogged this from nomnompaleo
- onewomanmanypleasures likes this
- earlofsammich likes this
- ninjaeyecandy likes this
- awesomepossome likes this
- shhalice likes this
- coolmzrenuniverse likes this
- thexqueen reblogged this from nomnompaleo
- greenablaze likes this
- ramatoulie likes this
- alexthegr8ness likes this
- espressoowl reblogged this from nomnompaleo and added:
- man2gentleman reblogged this from nomnompaleo
- kate-says-rawr reblogged this from ludolondo
- alexmatzke likes this
- wtvman likes this
- girlbehindtheglasses21 likes this
- atmayes86 likes this
- kaityycakes likes this